Ways to make Extra Money
The whole premise of creating this blog started with a self directed challenge to provide an extra money and a goal of at least $100 income per month in order to pay down debt, student loans and just begin a journey to financial freedom. This is an ongoing process to identify different ways to earn extra income by doing side hustles, side income, side hacks and other ways to earn extra income online or extra income by investing.
Earning extra income can change yours and your families life positively. By not having to live pay check to pay check; by being able to live a full life and enjoy life to it’s fullest.
I will include the different side hustles, side hacks, and income sources I have tried and will try in order to meet my goals monthly, therefore will offer my assessment on what works for me and what I decided to stay away from. My goal is to review many different types of websites that I use and investigate along the way.
I am unable to at this point say that I have paid off anything as I just started on this journey. But I hope this a journey that you feel worth coming on with me, sharing your successes and no so successful adventures along the way.
Monthly Income Series
1. Skip A Latte Challenge
Monthly blogging Income:
- September 2016 Income Report
- October 2016 Income Report
- November 2016 Income Report
- December 2016 Income Report
- January 2017 Income Report
- February 2017 Income Report
- March 2017 Income Report
- April 2017 Income Report
- May 2017 (coming soon)
How to make Extra Money & Extra Income:
1. Start a blog
Can extra income be made blogging? I believe so but you can’t earn the extra income if you do not own a blog. I have posted an easy detailed instruction list on how to start a blog of your own. Click HERE to find out what income potential awaits you with your own blog.
- GoDaddy makes it easy to secure your domain name for your blog.
- Bluehost is a simple way to bring the blog together by linking your domain name and setting up your blog through WordPress.
2. Sell Stuff
- Ebay Ebay is a great way to get rid of your unwanted items laying around. If you already sell on Ebay, it is also a great place to order your packaging supplies as in this link provided. This is where I order mine, cost per bubble mailer is about $ .17, compared to .50 if you buy a two pack at the dollar store.
- Amazon Amazon has several ways to sell on their website. FBA, selling apps, self publish, Mechanical Turk and advertising are some of the opportunities.
- Etsy Etsy is a great site if you are craft and make things to sell. Pretty much anything you can think of can be found on Etsy. If you are in the market for a new piece of jewelry you can view my handmade jewelry store here on Etsy. I have been selling jewelry on Etsy since 2009.
- Are you a crafter or seller who sells things at Farmer’s Markets, Bizarres, Craft Fair’s and the like? Capital One has a new device that makes it easy to accept credit cards. It is called Spark Pay. Attaches to your smartphone. You can sign up here for your free card reader and the ability to accept credit cards anywhere.
Got a little extra time on your hands? Try your time answering some quick surveys. They give you points towards gift cards or cash for answering simple surveys. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Options House A great online trading platform with great prices per trade, currently, $4.95 stock, $2.95 futures and .50 options. They also offer a great learning and resource section to their website. OptionsHouse is easy to use and easy to execute trades.
- Betterment Offers an online financial and investment management portfolio. Great for your retirement and investment needs.
- Lending Club Peer Lending. See my write up here on how Lending Club works.
5. Cash Back Sites
These are great sites that either give you cash back or points towards gift cards for your purchases or by doing various things online.
- TopCashBack They will start you off with $10.00 when you sign up through this link . You can even earn cash back for you purchases made on Ebay and Etsy.
- Ebates Signing up through this link, Ebates will give you $10.00 in your account after your first purchase. Ebates also offers cash back on purchase made from Etsy and Ebay.
- MyPoints MyPoints a great website to earn points by making purchase, daily poll, and answering surveys. I have been a member of this site since 2005 and have earned countless gift cards.
This is a paid to do stuff website where you receive points to do things like answer surveys, online shopping, searches, watching videos and just discovering new things online, plus if you sign up using this link you will automatically receive 500 Swagbucks.
Quick, easy way to earn money for doing surveys, sign ups and paid for email.
If you have a few cd’s, dvd’s, books or games that are just taking up space and you want to get rid of them Decluttr is a great way to earn a few dollars while decluttering your space.
10. Part time Jobs/Freelance
Check back often as I will be on the look out for new and exciting offers that have value to our ongoing challenge to earn extra income everyday.